Monday, September 21, 2009

Have you heard?

Everyone's heard!!

So, this is one of a series of little birdies I've been making this summer for friends as birthday gifts. This one is property of the lovely Maurene. I wonder if she named him/her.
(Btw - the grey drop is his little poop.)
I'll post more when I get some photos.
I intended to make a whole bunch (along with other plushies, books, prints, etc) to have a presence at APE Con in San Fransisco this year, but alas, things didn't work out that way. Not enough time to prepare for it, since it's happening in less than a month! These things take time, you know! And I have tv to watch! Just kidding, I'd really like to try for next year though...
Mmm boppa mmm mau mau, mmm boppa mmm mau mau....

Update: Here is little Mandy's birthday bird (sorry it's not as a great a shot):

8 comments:

Cafe Pasadena said...

TV to watch? So, that's where you get your creative ideas!

Blt/Btw, I had a birthday this month too.

Vince M said...

Boy, leave it up to you to make a cute little bird, and the bird's cute little 'poop'! That's hysterical, Nic. You always put your distinctive spin on stuff.

Come down to the Long Beach Comic Con and say hello, will you? I haven't seen you in years. I'll be there with my publisher, Silver Comics.

Pattie said...

This is adorable!!

It reminds me of earlier this month when a bird pooped on me while I was on my way to class lol

But you make it look precious, and not disgusting like I felt :D

Eric Hutchison said...

HaHa! Very cute, Nic. Love the watercolor featured up top, too.

Nicolette Davenport said...

hehe thanks guys.
Cafe Pas, I swear there have been more friend's bday's this month than any other. Crazy! Happy Belated!

Vince, when is the LB Comic Con, I never even knew there was one. Has it really been years? Wow...I'd love to see you, Maybe I can make it down for a visit.

Patty - I think it means good luck. They are making facial cream from bird poop these days afterall. :p

Thanks Hutch! Nice to 'virtually' see you. :)

Anonymous said...

Very cute plush. I am not into stuffed animals, but I like this one a lot :) .

Cafe Pasadena said...

Nope! We haven't heard from you lately...

George Kaprielian said...

im comissioning you for 12. you have till 5 minutes ago LETS MOVE IT